No sound from Roon to Elac DDP-2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MSI computer with latest Windows 10.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Router, connections via ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Elac DDP-2 connected via Ethernet.

Description Of Issue
Roon correctly found my Elac DDP-2.

When I select the album that I want to play, the contents of the album are displayed correctly. There is a play button at the bottom of the display, when I press the play button the progress bar advances, but there is no sound.

To insure that my equipment is working correctly, I closed Roon, selected the USB input on my DDP-2, opened Windows Media Player, and was able to play the album. What else do I need to do to get Roon to play my music?

Also, I would like to play You Tube videos and music files; Is that possible? If so; How?

Looking at the DDP-2 manual, I see that it has three available endpoints named I2S–D1, I2S–D2 & I2S–D3. It’s not really clear from the manual, but I assume that I2S-D3 may be the endpoint that is associated with the ethernet connection, since I2S-D1 is associated with the HDMI connector and I2S-D2 is associated with the mini-DIN connector on the rear panel of the DDP-2.

Have you chosen I2S-D3 and enabled it as an audio zone in Roon (on Roon’s Settings > Audio page). Have you also selected the same I2S-D3 input on the DDP-2?

Screenshots of Roon’s settings for the endpoint would be helpful for Roon’s Support team to aid them in diagnosis of the issue.

As for your question about playing YouTube videos and music files; Roon does not integrate YouTube at the moment, you would have to find an alternative way of getting YouTube playing through the DDP-2. Perhaps a Chromecast Ultra connected to the HDMI input on the DDP-2 would work(?) - I’ll leave it to others to make suggestions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.