No sound on certain recordings from Qobuz

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Intel Core I5,16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Mesh wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node 2i,Peachtree Audio Nova 150 amplifier, Sonus Faber remona Elipsa Auditor speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

50,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon seems to play certain Qobuz recordings, but produces no sound. I can play them directly from Qobuz (but not with the same sound quality), so this looks like a Roon issue. The recordings are from a variety of labels. Here is a list of the problem recordings:

Rimsky-Korsakov Scheherazade, Vasily Petrnko (Lawo)
Schubert Symphonies 4 & 5. Rene Jacobs (Pentatone)
Schumann, Complete Piano Trios, etc. Trio Wanderer (Harmonia Mundi)
Berlioz Requiem. Antonio Pappano (Concertgebouw)
Wagner Opera excerpts. Wilhelm Furtwangler (Warner Classics)
Ysaye Solo Violin Sonata. Jack Liebeck (Orchid Classics)
Liszt & Lyapunov Transcendental Etudes. Konstantin Scherbakov (Steinway & Sons)
Brahms Symphony 4. Manfred Honeck (Reference Recordings)

There are doubtless more, but these are the ones that I chose to add to my library to give them a listen.

Any suggestions?

The first two of those recordings are 192kHz. So my guess is that your DAC (or the connection) is limited to 96kHz. I had a similar problem with one of my endpoints.

If you go into the device setup you can limit the max sample rate to 96kHz and roon will down sample.

If that works - you at least know what the issue is - and can find another solution if playing to 192 matters to you!

How are you connecting these?

I should have mentioned that I have a toslink connection. I will try switching to coax.

Thanks for noticing the pattern I missed. I don’t really care about 192kHz, but am happy to know what is wrong with my set-up.

1 Like

Hey @Richard_Kraus

Just wanted to check in with you to see if the assistance you received From @GregD and our good man @Rugby got you sorted. Please give us a status update when you have the chance.

If you’re still having problems we’d be happy to jump in and help. Typically “no audio” on only selected streaming tracks can point towards a settings issue but that isn’t always the case.

We’ll be watching for your response. Thanks!

All is now well. Yes, I it was a simple settings issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.