No Sound on Some Tracks

I’m using a Synology-based Roon Core and playing to a HiFiBerry DAC+, outputting optical to a Peachtree Audio Deepblue2. It’s been working properly for a few months, but within the last few weeks the occasional song will be playing but no sound will come out of the speaker. Changing to another song will often remedy the issue—the problem seems to be intermittent.

Hi @Michael_Merline ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. To help aide in my evaluation of this problem you are experiencing, may I kindly ask you for the following:

1. An expanded description of your current setup as seen here. The more detail you can provide, the better.

2. A description of your network configuration / topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I would to have an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools you are using to make those connections possible.

3. In regard to this behavior you are noticing, were a song will be playing but you don’t get sound. Can you verify if you are noticing this with all of the content in your library or is it more prevelant when trying to playback specific audio codecs / sample rates?

-Eric

I’ll write up a more detailed network profile when I have a chance. Also, I’ll keep an ear out for this issue occurring again (and ask my wife to do so as well) and will try to identify any patterns if possible.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Merline ----- Thanks for the follow up! I will be on the look out for your feedback :sunglasses:

-Eric