No sound or albums since upgrade to macOS Catalina

Core Machine:
2018 6 core Mac Mini macOS 10.15.1 RoonServer 1.6 Build 475, wi-Fi turned OFF on Mac Mini
Local Music files: External USB drive attached to Core via iTunes / new Music app
Streaming: Tidal

Control: Machine 1:
late 2016 15" MacBook Pro, macOS 10.15.1 RoonServer 1.6 Build 475, Wi-Fi

Control Machine 2:
iPhone XS Max iOS 13.2 Roon 1.6 Build 438, Wi-Fi

Network Details:
ISP provided router Huawei HG658, Ethernet to Roon Core. Zero problems with general networking and internet (45 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up).

Audio Devices:
Weiss DAC202 direct connection to Core by FireWire using Thunderbold dongles

Description Of Issue
I delayed upgrading to MacOS Catalina until Roon released the new build claimed to fix the external storage issue. After upgrading, I have not been able to reliably listen to music via Roon due to multiple problems.

Tidal “Network Problems” error message. This error message comes and goes with Core re-boots.
Albums are sometimes visible (both local and Tidal) and sometimes not.
When albums are visible in Album View, going to Artist View results in a spinning “waiting icon”
In Album Library View, sometimes a local album is displayed but clicking on it results in an error message “This album was not found”
Settings / Storage sometimes has an error message “iTunes Library XML not found in /Users/…”
In Album Library View, some Tidal albums will show tracks etc but will not play. Error message. “This track is not currently available from Tidal”. Sometimes (not often) Tidal tracks will play.
I have rebooted the Core several times.

Hi @Sunrise,

Thanks for reaching out. Can I please ask you to use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon Logs folder? The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link.

Thanks for your reply @noris
I have shared the Logs file vis Dropbox.
I did it twice, the first time I did not shut Roon down before zipping the folder.
The correct one is called Sunrise_Try2_Nov2019Logs.zip

Hi @Sunrise,

Where have you posted these logs? Can you please select share via link in Dropbox and then post the link here or sent it to me via private message (click my name -> message)?

Hi @Sunrise,

I appreciate your patience while the technical team has had a chance to review diagnostics. It appears that you are getting a “too many open files” error in your logs, but it is not clear what is causing this.

I suggest that you create a Backup and reinstall the Roon app to see if it helps with this behavior, you can set aside your old database by using these instructions:

  • Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Please try using a fresh database and a few local files first. If this works as expected, you can restore your library from the backup you have created (or from an older backup) and check to see if the issue persists.