No sound thru main system only sound plays on Laptop

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Air, Intel 1.3, 8GB RAM. OS Big Sur 11.5.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Router hardwired via ethernet to Innuos Zen 3 streamer.

Connected Audio Devices

DAC is AudioNote 4.1X. USB from Zen to DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I replaced my old DAC and since then have been unable to get any sound through my main system. It plays thru the laptop only. I must have a setting wrong. Anyone?

Just to confirm, the Air is the Core, not the Zen? Can you share a screenshot of what is visible in Audio under Settings on the Core? Is the Innous visible in Audio using Roon Bridge, and is the AudioNote DAC showing up as an endpoint?

The Zen shows as the Core. The DAC does not show anywhere.
The old DAC did show so something is not finding the new DAC.

I reset the router and Innuos and now find some of the Roon functionality is working.
95% of all the tracks in my created playlists show as “Unavailable”

What next???

When you say that some of the Roon functionality is working, can you provide any more details on what is and isn’t working, besides your created playlists? Is your library all local files or do you have a subscription to Tidal and/or Qobuz? Also, how is your Air connecting to the Innous Core? Via WiFi? And if so, does the Air see the Core and can access to configure it or change settings? Can the AudioNote connect via USB to the Air and become visible in Roon?

Is this new DAC not supported?

You’ll need to tell us what your connected devices are.

.sjb

You are just now asking this question? Check the Roon Ready and Roon Tested pages.

I’m confused…
Audio Note does not sport an USB input for any model of the 4.1X ever made!
And Innuos’ Zen Mk3 does not offer any other digital output than USB!

Enlighten us…

Hey @jeff_kalina,

Thanks for getting in touch with your questions, we’re happy to help. I closed your duplicate issue reports, lets try to keep everything is this one thread.

Can you tell us a bit about your library and your missing playlists and maybe add some screenshots? Changing out a DAC wouldn’t have an impact on your playlists, was your library migrated recently?

Once we have a clearer picture of the changes you’ve made to your setup we’ll be able to help more effectively.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.