No text displaying in Roon GUI - ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP Desktop 32 bit OS
Windows 10 Pro latest version
Roon v1.7 build 521

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

various including USB out from this PC

Description Of Issue

After the 521 build update, my Roon Core (used solely for control on this HP Desktop running Win 10 restarted but no longer displays any text. images, icons, and select boxes still display. Just no text.

Note that Roon is working fine on two other Win 10 PCs I have after the 521 update. Roon has been running perfectly on this HP-Desktop PC since I first installed Roon over 4 years ago until this 521 build.

This problem occurs with both Dark and Light Themes.

This problem occurs after reboot.

This problem occurs after a full reinstall of Roon Core for Windows 32 bit

Strangely, the initial Roon splash screen does correctly show text.

Note that I can still control & play music from this PC (when I guess the correct zone)

Help…

@Support - Here’s an image of the problem…

Hi @mdconnelly,

What GPU does this machine use?

Can you try updating the graphics drivers and let us know if that improves things?

It’s an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT. Windows says I have the latest driver but it is dated 1/13/2015. Driver version 8.970.100.9001. I’ll try scowering the web for a newer driver. Any advice is appreciated. As I mentioned, this has been working perfectly until build 521.

@dylan - as far as I can tell, I am running the latest driver for the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT - version 8.970.100.9001 dated 1/13/2015. While this is an older desktop - an HP Compaq dc7900 - it’s been highly dependable and has run Roon perfectly… until 521. Any recommendations?

Hi @mdconnelly,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

@dylan - Here’s the link (I’m assuming you meant for me to post it here when you said “send us over”…)

Note that it is Roon_logs06.txt that contains the log of when Roon was updated to build 521.

Thanks!

Same problem with my pc after this latest update. I´ve already posted it…

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Text not displaying after update

Thanks for sending this over, @mdconnelly! Will get this over to the team ASAP and will follow up with you as soon as the team has analyzed the logs.

4 posts were split to a new topic: All text missing after update

A post was split to a new topic: Text not displaying after latest update

A post was split to a new topic: Missing text after update

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon on Samsung Tab E won’t respond to screen touches

A post was split to a new topic: Text not displaying after update

Build 528 fixed this issue for me. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.