Node 2i disappears from the audio setting and I am getting dropouts or errors in playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac desktop.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wirelessly through a Netgear modem and Google mesh router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Node 2i into a Chord Cutest DAC, which is connected to an integrated amp.
The Node is connected wirelessly.
I am streaming music from Qobuz.

Description of Issue
The problem I am having is this the Node 2i often times disappears from the zone choices and only to reappear magically later. But the real problem I have is with the recent dropouts where there is a indication of a networking error and the Qobuz songs are unable to play. This happens repeatedly.

Rather the songs skip and/or just stop playing. I do get an error message saying the issue could be with my network or with Qobuz. Note that I can play the music directly through Qobuz without any problem.

Please help

I know you don’t want to hear this, but this is most likely a WiFi issue, are you able to hardwire the Node 2, even if just as a test?

Not easily. Here’s the thing, our WiFi is very good and Roon has been working fine with the same WiFi for months now. We are not having any other WiFi issues. I will see if I can run this check but is there anything else it might be?

There seems to be issues with Bluesounds WIFI implementation + Roon.

I have multiple 2i devices that all have similar problems:

Hello @Mike_Franklin,

Please see my post here regarding this issue:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.