Node 2i won’t play

I recently replaced a Sonos Connect with a Node 2i in a bedroom location. When I try to play something it will not engage. Only if I start
and stop or sometimes change the album selection will it begin playing. The Node is connected via Wi-Fi to to a Nuc core. The Bluesound diagnostics say the Wi-Fi signal is good. The router is an Asus. What do you suggest?
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Run the Node 2i in native BluOS mode and see if it works. I suspect it will but it is worth checking. The fix is probably the same either way. How old is your Asus? A better wireless router or find a way to use Ethernet. I use power plugs to get upstairs. Not recommended by Roon but they work just fine for me.

Hi @MichaelH,

Are you receiving any errors when you try to play to the Node? If so, what errors?

Is the Core also connected via WiFi? A great test here would be to connect both the Core and the Node via Ethernet and see if there is any change in behavior here.

The Blusound diagnostics show lots of dropouts and some controller errors. The core is Ethernet connected and has no problems.

Thanks f or the info, @MichaelH.

Do you see any errors in Roon?

Can you try connecting the Node via Ethernet and let us know if there’s any change in performance?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.