Not able to connect to roon core anymore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 for PC/IOS12.4 for phone/
Roon is Linux 3.10.105 V1.6 Build 416 on Synology 1817+ on a SSD
Was working for a year with no issues.

TEXT GOES HERE

Ethernet Switch connecting all devices with Linksys wireless for some laptop/iphone. All device is unable to connect to core. When starting Roon, it shows the Core and the IP address of the synology with the connect button. Same for the ios remote. But after clicking on the connect button, it just shows the Roon logo in the blank screen and stays there. No further changes.

I did make a change recently to a new IP address subnet. FRom 192.168.1.X 255.255.255.0 to 192.168.1.X 255.255.248.0 No other changes.

All my devices are working fine. only Roon is not.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys 5 port Switch
Linksys Velop as bridge mode
Telco provider router/modem as the DHCP server

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Oliver_Lim,

For Roon to work properly, both your Core and your Roon Remotes need to be on the same subnet.

It looks like you modified your subnet mask, which can cause issues with the Roon Remotes finding the Core.

If you modify the network back and have both Core and Roon Remotes on the same subnet, do they connect properly again?

Seems like it just took a while. After leaving it for 15 mins, it eventually connected and since then all my remote connected just fine! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.