Not able to connect to ROSEDISK (RS150B)

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 Pro, Core i7 10710, 64GB DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Proximus (Belgium) Router

Connected Audio Devices

RS150B

Number of Tracks in Library

More than 51000

Description of Issue

I have been trying for the last 3 months to use the ROSEDISK that I had installed. Roon recognise the RS150 as an end point without any problems. In a perfect world, it should connect to my music files on the RS150 but roon don’t accept to add it. I had contacted Rose support. According to their technician it a roon problem. I tried many configurations around. 192.168.1.9:8080/Storage/ROSEDISK/Album:
Beginning by 192.168.1.9:8080, 192.168.1.9:8080/Storage, 192.168.1.9:8080/ROSEDISK, to just 192.168.1.9 but nothing succeeded. Would you kindly tell me if there is a solution or is it a waste of time and efforts.

I have no experience with Hifirose, but I found this on their forums. Maybe it will help you.

Just keep in mind, if you do get it to work, the music will be sent first to your Roon Core, processed to PCM, and then that is sent back to the Rose.

Thank you for your answers. Regarding the first one, I don’t think that you have read carefully what I wrote or perhaps I didn’t explain well. I have used the IP with a different combination but none of them were accepted. For the second answer I don’t see what is the problem?

Why are using a port in the naming?. You don’t use a port in a UNC network path. That will not work. Can you connect to the Roses storage using windows explorer if on Windows or finder on the Mac?

The additional network traffic and adding a point of failure as compared to having the music local to the server.

Thank you for the effort. I followed to the letter the instructions on Roon’s site to connect to the RS150, Which is use the same SMB as the connection page on a Windows or a MacBook. Even without the port number it didn’t work. As I said before in my main message that I tried all the possible configurations of the smb.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.