Not able to skip tracks continuously

Core Machine (Mac OS X 10.13.6/Roon Version 1.7 Build 555)

Audio Devices (Mac Mini > Curious USB Cable > PS Audio Nuwave DSD DAC > Amplifier)

Network Details ( Technicolor DJA0230 modem > Google Wifi (Mesh WiFi) > Mac Mini)

I will put on a playlist on shuffle and let Roon play as normal. However, Roon does not seem to like it when I skip tracks continuously within a short span of time.
After skipping between 4-5 tracks continuously within 2-3 secs into a song, I suddenly get white noise for a short instance (1-2 secs) and then completely no audio. I can see audio continue to play as the elapse time on the song continues but no audio. I have tried restarting Roon and also my computer but I still get no audio. Instead, I have to restart my DAC before I get audio again.

Can I get help on this please?

Cheers,
Justin

What is your network setup?

updated in post

Hi @Ziyang_Ai_Hong_Gan,

Welcome to the forum! I have a few clarification questions below:

1. Is your Nuwave on the latest firmware version?
  2. When this issue occurs, do other zones still work as expected? For example, does your Mac’s System Output (the internal speakers) continue to work as expected and only the Nuwave is impacted?
  3. What kind of content is playing from the playlist?
    TIDAL/Qobuz/Local? FLAC/DSD/MQA? What is the sample rate - 192kHz+?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.