Not all Bluesound devices are appearing in Roon

I am having a similar problem. My Bluesound devices (two of them) were not showing in Roon. They were grouped in BlueOs. I ungrouped them and one appeared in Roon…but not the other. Have restarted devices and Roon many times. @support

I had a problem recently of one zone not showing and restarting my iPad Pro cured it.

I have restarted all devices, have changed my router today, everything appears in the BlueOS app but, at most, two of my three BS devices appear in Roon. Nothing is grouped in BSOS. @support

Hi @Ben_Kaatz ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following:

• Please provide the models of Bluesound devices you are currently implementing and which of them are showing up in Roon and which are not.

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. We want to have a clear understanding as to how all your devices are communicating and what tools you are using to make these connection possible.

• Is the Bluesound application running on the same device that is hosting your Roon core?

• If the Bluesound application is NOT running on the same device that is hosting your core can you please confirm that you are able to successfully ping the IP address assigned to the missing device(s) from the computer hosting the Roon core?

-Eric

Eric @eric -

Thank you for your reply.

I will do my best address all your points but you are asking for a lot information. This is what I can tell you right now:

I have a Bluesound (BS) Node2, and Pulse2, and a PulseMini. They are all attached to a brand new eero mesh network and are receiving excellent signal strength. All devices are showing up in the BlueOS App. Only the Pulse2 and the PulsseMini are showing up in Roon.
All three devices always show up in the BlueOS app and only the Pulse2 and the PulseMini show up in Roon. It doesn’t matter if I am running BlueOS on the same machine as the one running the Roon Core (I assume Roon Core) or if I run Roon Core without running BlueOS. The only way I can group together all three devices while the Roon Core is running, is to open BlueOS either on the same machine as the Roon Core, or on one of my iOS devices and group them. I’m not sure if you are suggesting that they should not be running on the same machine.
I don’t understand what you are asking about being able to “ping the missing device”. As of this morning, I can send music to it if I use BlueOS to either group all three devices or transfer music to it using the BlueOS app. Having said that, right now, the Node2 is not showing up in the either of the apps, even though I can see that the Node2 is connected to the eero router (the router shows it as “idle” while the other two devices are shown as “active” (i’m streaming music to them in a group).
I have my Roon Core on my MacMini. It is running the most recent versions of Roon, BlueOS, and the MacOS. I am streaming music from my Tidal account and I have a collection of FLAC in folders attached to Roon that are both on my hard drive and on my NAS (Drobo5N).
Let’s start with that. You can tell me what else you need to know and I’ll to my best to provide it for you.

Mean while, I’ll see if I can get the Node2 to “activate”.

Hi @Ben_Kaatz ---- Thank you for getting in touch with me, very appreciated!

Before we continue forward with the troubleshooting process I would like to clarify a few things to make sure we are on the same page. Kindly see below.

Further data gathering…

“Only the Pulse2 and the PulsseMini are showing up in Roon.”

“The only way I can group together all three devices while the Roon Core is running, is to open BlueOS either on the same machine as the Roon Core, or on one of my iOS devices and group them.”

• Just to be clear. You are not seeing the Node2 listed in Roon as an available audio zone but all three devices do show up in the BlueOS app, and as such you can group the three together (via BSOS). After you’ve created the group outside of Roon are you saying that you are able to then play to the same group in Roon despite the Node2 not being present? Do forgive any confusion on my part :innocent:I just want to make sure the issue is being properly understood so we can advise accordingly.

“They are all attached to a brand new eero mesh network and are receiving excellent signal strength. All devices are showing up in the BlueOS App.”

• You mentioned in your follow up that this is a “brand new erro mesh network” did you have this issue before you started using the mesh configuration?

I’m not sure if you are suggesting that they should not be running on the same machine.

I don’t understand what you are asking about being able to “ping the missing device”.

• Please allow me to elaborate on my thought process here. The reason for my asking if the BlueOS app was running on the same device currently hosting your Roon core was to confirm if the computer itself was able to successfully communicate with the endpoints on your network. If the BlueOS app had not been running on the Roon core machine the ping test would help us verify if the Roon core computer could successfully communicate with the endpoints by being able to ping the IP addresses assigned to the units without issue.

“Let’s start with that. You can tell me what else you need to know and I’ll to my best to provide it for you.”

• Having the exact details of you network topology and where the bluesound endpoints are located in this configuration would be very appreciated and help aide in our suggestions for further troubleshooting exercises.

Further troubleshooting…

“Having said that, right now, the Node2 is not showing up in the either of the apps, even though I can see that the Node2 is connected to the eero router (the router shows it as “idle” while the other two devices are shown as “active” (i’m streaming music to them in a group).”

• If the Node2 is not showing up in either application (Roon or BlueOS) this strongly suggests some kind of networking issue. If you have not already, I would first reboot the endpoints, Roon core machine, and any relevant networking hardware.

-Eric