Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wi-Fi via Xfinity
Dual-Band 802.11ac Modem/Router

Connected Audio Devices

None at the moment

Number of Tracks in Library

11,000 songs

Description of Issue

Hello everyone, I am experiencing a small issue when I view albums with multiple performers on certain songs.

To be specific, I have the Rent soundtrack in my library and some of the songs have multiple singers, sometimes 8 or more.

However, certain songs will not show all of the performers next to “Performed by…”

For instance, the song “Seasons of Love B” is performed by Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Jesse L. Martin, Wilson Jermaine Heredia, Idina Menzel, Fredi Walker and Taye Diggs. I have tagged it as such, but the song in Roon looks like this:

As you can see, two singers (Wilson Jermaine Heredia and Fredi Walker) are omitted from the album view.

Both singers are tagged in the song’s metadata, and they are also tagged as “Primary Artist” and “Vocals” in the Roon data, but they still do not appear in the album view as performers.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem? Does Roon only display a limited amount of performers per song? Or is this an issue on my end that can be fixed?

I know it seems a bit pedantic to want ALL of the artists to appear, but I am just curious as to why this issue is occurring.

Thank you for your time, and hopefully some help can be provided.

Hey @Brad_Westlund,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question. What you need to do is edit the Artist metadata and separate the names with semicolons rather than commas. You’ll also need to remove the and before Taye Diggs. Otherwise, Roon will look for the performer name Fredi Walker and Taye Diggs.

Give that edit and try! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.