Not getting Artist Search results

I get Pink Floyd as the top artist result, but I have them in my local library. If I search for Cage the Elephant then the top artist result is Cage the Olyphant.

It’s a repeatable bug and seems to be directly linked to whether the artist is in my local (nas server) library. I have both Qobuz and Tidal services.

I’m not currently using a local library at all with roon at the moment. Just Tidal, Qobuz and Live Radio. If I were happy with roon I would move my local library to it.

Can’t find the artists “The Streets” at all:

Hi!

For the last few weeks the search function has been behaving oddly in that it will not find artists directly. When I search for Pink Floyd, Lou Reed, Leonard Cohen or the Sex Pistols, to take a few examples, one of their albums will be a ’Top result’ but they will not be listed in the ’Artists’ section. To find all their albums I have to choose the ’Top result’ then the artist. When I search for The Damned, an Iron Maiden track is ’Top result’ and again there is no listing of The Damned in the ’Artists’ section. I found them by searching for one of their tracks (Neat Neat Neat) which pops up as a ’Top result’ then clicking the artist name under the track. This is more cumbersome than it used to be or should be.

Is this a settings issue?

Thankful for help.

Hans

Hans,

Where are you starting your search from?

I just went to the Overview page and searched for Pink Floyd and the search returned them ( as artist ) as the Top Result. I’m in the US and use Tidal.

Tim

Tried again starting from Overview - same result-

Hans

A post was merged into an existing topic: Artist search confusion

@Hans_Wikse Exactly the behaviour I see. However say I search for Nevermind the Bullocks, and find the album, don’t even click sex pistols as the artist, just open the album, click the three dots, choose add to library, then search for sex pistols, appears top of the list as artist.

Try that for any obscure artist, certainly for me, anyone not in my library cannot be searched for as an artist. But adding them to my library, not actually having them in my music share, is enough for artist search to work for that particular artist.

Here’s an example using an artist called Diplo and his new album Chapter 1:Snake Oil. Seemed appropriate for an audiophile forum :slight_smile: hopefully no one is triggered.

1. search for diplo - nothing
  2. search for the album title - album found
  3. open album and add to library
  4. search for diplo - diplo found, full artist page displayed including all albums, not just the one in my library.

@anon97951896

Hi Tim, thanks for helping. Do you have Pink Floyd in your library? If you do, could you search for someone not in your library, such as Diplo in my last example?

Thanks for the tip. I have also been able to work around the issue by picking the ’Top results’ album and then the artist or searching for a specific track.

This is however not the reason I subscribed to Roon (and purchased a Nucleus). It worked much better until a few weeks ago. It is very unsatisfactory.

Hans

Nick,

I do have two Pink Floyd albums in my library.

I searched for Diplo and got an album not an artist as Top Result.

When I clicked on View All results I did not see a Diplo but I did see a D.I.P.L.O but searching for that returned an album as well.

I don’t have any albums in my library with an artist named Diplo or D.I.P.L.O

Tim

Thanks Tim,

From our small sample of 3 or 4 people, it seems none of us can search for an artist unless that artist is in our library. Feels like a bug, perhaps as simple as an AND statement instead of an OR somewhere in the code.

Hopefully we’ll hear back from Roon engineers to see if the problem is reproducible in their labs and when we might get a fix.

Hi everyone,

Our QA team has investigated these reports and we are seeing this issue as well. We have a ticket open with our developers and we’ll keep you all in the loop once we have a solution.

We appreciate the reports, and you have our apologies for the inconvenience here.

Hi there

Up until recently I could search for a given artist (it’s actually how I primarily use the software, just searching what I want to listen to), and I use Tidal almost exclusively. Today when I try to do a search, the specific artist (in this case “Celldweller”) does not show up under the Artists category on the search results page, but a lot of his albums are listed right below. I can of course go to one of these, and then click on the artist name, but this is annoying because of all the extra clicking. See the screenshot - why isn’t Celldweller listed under Artists, when ROON clearly finds the right stuff and lists all his albums? I looked through the settings, synced Tidal again, logged out and back in, nothing makes a difference.

Cheers!

Seems you fixed it. Artist search is working again for me.
Thanks
Hans

+1 I can confirm the fix for my case. Using Qobuz.
Thanks for the quick reaction Roon-devs!

+1. All working as expected now.

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

All good now. Apologies for getting heated, I really want to love roon and it to work well but have had a lot of issues.

Thank you for sorting this so promptly

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.