Not getting suggestions for me from Qobuz

Thank you for the info/link. :grinning:

In that link, I didn’t see any mention of using 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9. What are those?

Also, the link mentioned this;

“ By changing your DNS setting in your router you will effectively change the DNS setting for every computer on your network. This is because when a device is connected to your network your router automatically hands out its own DNS settings to that device. This way you can protect your entire network from ISP hijacking with just one setting.”

Does this mean if I change the DNS setting in my router, my router will then change the currently assigned IP address of every device on my network (I don’t want that to happen)? My apologies if I’m completely not understanding this. Like I said, I’m not a computer person.

I take it if I change the DNS setting in my router, and it doesn’t work out, I can change it back to the way it is now?

I’ve thought of replacing the router, but it has been working fine all these years. It seem’s whenever I’ve “upgraded” a device, there are unexpected issues that leave me baffled and frustrated (I HATE trying to resolve “computer issues”!). That has me hesitant to replace my working router.

The past few days, Qobuz via Roon has been working fine, so it seems whatever was causing the issue has been resolved. That said, I will keep these suggestions in mind should it act up again. :grinning::+1:

EDIT: I found what are 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9. :slight_smile:

No. That won’t happen. The IP addresses will stay the same. All your computers on the network will just use the new DNS server.
Yes, it is simple to change it back. When a program (like Roon) asks to find something on Qobuz.com, the DNS server finds the actual IP address where that information is stored. So if the DNS server you are using has problems locating that IP address when Roon asks for it, you will get a slow response, or a hang. The DNS servers that are used a lot can store these IP addresses and make the lookup much faster too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. :grinning::+1:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.