Not selecting the right zone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel NUC7i7 BNH with 16 GB and SSD 1 TB.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
QNAP TS-451A with 4x 3 TB, 22.000 tracks and service from Tidal.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Zone 1: Meridian 861v4 with ID40 with 2x DSP5200SE (see nr 3), 1x DSP3300, 1x DSW, 2x 505 with Braun L300, 2x DSP33
Zone 2: Meridian ms200 with 1x DSP33
Zone 3: Meridian 218 with 2x DSP5200SE (MQA)
Zone 4: Meridian 218 with 2x DSP3200
Zone 5: AppleTV through Meridian HD621
Zone 6: Mac-mini through Meridian HD621 (multichannel)
Zone 7: Squeezebox Touch with 2x AudioEngine2
Furthermore: Oppo 103D through HD621 (multichannel)
HD621 is multichannel connected to 861v4

Description Of Issue
As you see I have a mainly Meridian installation.
My problem:
In my setup, my 861v4 is involved in zones 1, 5 and 6.
When selecting zone 1 in Roon the ID40 in my 861v4 is selected, but when I select zone 6 in Roon, the multichannel entry together with the relevant channel of my HD621 is not selected.

Only when I select this source from mu MSR+ the relevant connection is made.

Is it possible to accomplish this connection with my Mac-mini through selecting the relevant zone in Roon (i.c. Nr. 6)?

Hello @pieterdvr,

Just to confirm, you are looking to have the Meridian HD621 automatically switch to its HDMI input when playback is started to the HDMI output zone in Roon?

Speaking in general terms, Roon does not control the input selection on the device. Some devices support automatic “convenance switching” on certain inputs but not others, this may be the case for the HD621.

-John

Hi John,
This switching is also done through an iTach and the MSR app, so why is this not accomplished by zone selection through Roon?
Pieter

Hello @pieterdvr,

Roon does not support sending RS-232 commands to Meridian devices.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.