Not showing Bootleg designation

I read that there is a notation of Bootleg, live etc…but I don’t see it?? @dylan

Hey @Ben_Katz,

As mentioned in our documentation:

Roon has support for tracking live albums, compilations, and bootlegs, as well as live tracks. We are populating this data from two different metadata providers at the moment, but it’s fairly new to us, and may contain inaccuracies. Please let us know if you run into incorrectly flagged tracks or albums.

These flags are editable. There’s also a setting in Settings->General to flag albums as live albums, compilations, or bootlegs using icons in the album browser if you want that information to be a part of your browsing experience.

You can add these flags to an album via the Album Editor as seen below:

Thanks,
Dylan

thats interesting @dylan. I have noticed a bunch of inaccuracies in your tagging, (although with the amount of info you have it is very impressive.) If I edited it would that help you? I think I have my preferences set right but I will check when I get home from work.

Hey @Ben_Katz,

For a little background info here, user edits do not change our overall metadata from everyone else. We have 3rd party metadata providers that this info comes from. Generally, if you see metadata on AllMusic or MusicBrainz, we will have info on the album. If something is incorrect you can submit corrections at both of those sites or alternatively you can make us aware in the Metadata Support section of Community and we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Dylan

I have helped over the years with Allmusic tagging. I have never contacted MusicBrainz. I have never done that for bootlegs though.