Nothing similar found: Limiting Roon Radio to library only

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC (Core i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 2TB SSD), On Wifi (line of sight to router). Fully updated OS. Roon 1.7 Build 537.

Music: Local library (9000 tracks) stored on same PC as Core. + Tidal

Remote: iPhone 11Pro (OS and Roon app updated).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT2600ac Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Flex 2i (Ethernet wired directly to router)
Bluesound Soundbar 2i (Ethernet wired via TP Link ethernet power line adapter)

Description Of Issue

Over the past few days I started receiving the message ‘Nothing Similar found: Limiting Roon Radio to library’. This happens every time I try to start roon radio (select a track and let it finish / select an album and click on Roon radio).

Even more puzzling though, the same message pops up if I play a radio station. With radio playing, each time I launch the app on my iphone, the warning pops up as shown below:

Things I tried: Reboot Roon Core, Log off from Tidal and Log back in.

Any help / advice will be more than appreciated
Many thanks

Hello @Yiannis_Kouropalatis and thanks for the details! Has this always been the case for you or is this something that started happening recently? If you’re getting this issue on multiple tracks and devices, there may be something blocking your connection to our servers.

Could you please try the following and let me know what helps!

1. Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall, attempt playback again
  2. Try Google or Cloudflare DNS

Hi Nuwriy

The problem started recently, about a week after I started a Tidal trial. Things worked well for a week after I started the Tidal trial and after the first week, the errors appeared.

I am not sure what you mean by ‘multiple devices’. The errors appear on the core machine but also on my remotes (as expected).

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try and report back :slight_smile:

Best

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.