Now Playing does not update/reflect what is being played

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC Corei5 with Roon ROCK

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC via ethernet to switch, connected to NAS and Devialet, all ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 220 pro

Description Of Issue

Using Roon remote on my windows laptop (windows 10 with all the updates), Roon remote no longer updates the bottom bar ‘now playing’. It shows the cover image of an album played 3 days ago, the progress bar does not move and the play controls do not change. The album I selected plays correctly (started at the top with ‘Play now’ button), but none of the bottom bar content updates. While playing, the control at the bottom should display || for Pause. It still shows the > for Play. However, when I click on it, the play pauses. Click on it again, play restarts, but all the while displays >

UPDATE: to eliminate some sort of bug on the Laptop side of things, I just opened Roon remote on my Ipad pro. Exact same display info, with the bottom bar display not updating and showing an album played 3 days ago.

On the now playing bar on the bottom, choose the Zone icon on the bottom right, since we don’t have a pic, its hard to tell what your seeing, that should pop up a pic of your available zones, make sure the zone for the device your holding is selected.

Not sure what you are referring to I have attached an image. I am listening to Bach as displayed in the top section, on my Devialet as shown bottom right. However the rest of the info on the bottom bar is all wrong and does not change.

On the bottom right, click the Devialet icon, that is your Zone selection icon.

I’m on my tablet and want to listen to my headphones, so I have the S6 zone selected, if I want to control or play music on my Devialet, I choose the top choice, but then ii would loose focus of my headphones, which will still be playing, thus you have to swap around for each device you want to control

That didn’t do anything. Clicked on the Devialet icon and the popup shows the Devialet is selected (unsurprisingly, since that is the only zone/source I play from in this room).
The Bach recording still continues to play correctly and the bottom bar still shows a Blues album and no track progress, nor does it show the correct play status (>, ||, etc).

And it is worth pointing out that all of this worked perfectly under 1.7 and nothing has changed in my setup…

When I rebooted ROCK it did the ‘this update requires rebuilding the database’ even though the version has not changed. Now it shows ‘Nothing playing’, which is correct. Played a couple of tracks from different albums and the UI behaves correctly now. This can be closed from my perspective.

spoke too soon :slight_smile:
The problem is back after I added new albums to the library and did a force rescan.
Will see if a reboot of the CORE will fix it again, but this is a bug.

Hi @Patrick_Van_Osta

The next time this happens can you make a note of the time you see it occur, share a screenshot, and confirm which track is actually playing? We’ll enable diagnostics and review what’s occurring at this instance. Thanks!

two more updates and DB rebuilds since then. Everything back to normal. For now…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.