Now Playing Screen Clicking on Album/Artist link takes either ages or does not work at all [Ticket In]

With the latest release (1.6 401), I cannot use the links in the now playing screen to either artist or album. It takes either ages or does not work at all. Screen shows

and doesn’t go further - even after > 1 minute.

Configuration: Mac-Mini running roon server -> rooopie device, iPad or other Mac device for control.

Hi Ralf,

I believe you may have found a bug. I noticed that too. However, it seems to occur when the remote app (in my case iPad) is when I migrate to another app like Safari.

When I go back to Roon and go to Now Playing (if I’m not already there) and click the Artist link, it hangs like in your screenshot.

With the iPad, if I quit Roon by double clicking the home button and swiping it away and then restarting, it seems to work.

@support, could you check this out?

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Works fine for me.

Yes, that works for me as well.

I have come across the same bug as well, I used the same method to get it to work.

iPad 12.9 Gen 1.

Have seen this on my android remote too

I’m getting lots of “loading album” without success when I click the now playing album art.

1 Like

I was getting that too at first, but after a bit it started working fine.

I also get a lot of “loading album” without that I return to the album view screen. Yesterday I played music for about 5-6 hours and it happend all the time. Very annoying!
Roon team, @mike , can you do something about it?

But for the rest: very impressed so far with this new release!!!

Frans

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this too over the past few days, each time I try to return from “Now Playing” to the “Album View”. The only way to view the album page again, is to first return to the “All Albums” overview and go to the album page from there.

1 Like

I am experiencing exactly the same behavior also FWIW

experiencing the same, too. not only for album. also when clicking on composer.

Hello All,

Thank you for your reports and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here.

I have been trying to reproduce this issue on Windows 10 x64 and iPhone X and have been unable to do so on both, can anyone reproduce this issue on iPhone or is this behavior limited to just iPad/Android?

Also, if you are experiencing this issue can you please let me know the type of Core you have (Windows/OSX/Linux)?

Thanks,
Noris

Immediately after upgrading to 1.6 I had this issue: Roon taking many minutes to search for Artists or Albums, often so long I just gave up. This happened on both iPad and iMac.
I closed & restarted Roon Remote on both devices to no avail.

Then I went into my Antipodes music server management and used their app to Restart Roon Server. After that searches went back to normal, and I’ve had no problems with hanging or delayed searches since.

I’m experiencing it on a Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home 64. My core is Windows10 64 bit Pro/Roon Server on a remote Xeon based server.

I experience this issue on my ipad as well.
My core is a linux based server
Dirk

Same issue. iPad mini, Roon Core ROCK.

seems only to affect navigating to album form album view. Navigating from the queue has no issue.

.sjb

Hello @Lyall_Johns/@danny2/@anon90297517/@Sloop_John_B,

Thank you for providing that information and video, I have forwarded it to QA who will look into this issue further. As soon as I have any more information or questions to share I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

This issue is happening on MacOS Mojave for me, Roon Core ROCK on a i5 NUC.

Hello All,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

– Noris

1 Like