Now playing Screen: Realtime Lyrics

Can you please give me the opportunity to turn off the ugly Karaoke-Style Presentation of the Lyrics as a global setting?

Thank you!
Steffen

You mean, like this:

It’s on the Now Playing screen - open the “3 dots” menu, and choose the “Configure Now Playing Screen”.

1 Like

Reading the release notes is always recommended as roon do add a lot of features in releases.

No, I like to have the lyrics there all the time on and I like the style if they be presented as a text block. What I dislike is the real time presentation for some of them (Karaoke Style). It would be nice to be able to switch that off.

Then turn off the lyrics for both realtime and static. You can still access the lyrics screen from the Now Playing screen and you’ll see both types in a static (scrollable) view…

Ă„hm, I thought this here is feature request at roon?
I know that I can turn it off…

Your original post was somewhat ambiguous hence people trying to help.

Thank you for trying to help.
I’m trying to illustrate more exactly what I mean.
I really like the new “Now playing” Area/Screan, I like that I can customize it, and I like the lyrics being shown like this.

I find it really ugly in the example below (Karaoke Style).

I would like to have a global setting for the lyrics in the “Now playing Screen” that turn every lyric from the style of screenshot #2 into the style of screenshot #1

Best regards.
Steffen

3 Likes

I would welcome this too. The karaoke style lyrics cause a rare irritation in my Roon experience.
Turning lyrics off as suggested means more steps to be taken to read the lyrics and has to be repeated per song. Some lyrics do get presented without the karaoke feature, so turning the option off makes me miss those.

Yes please. (I’m out of votes). The karaoke style lyrics are difficult to read, in particular for more complex lyrics that are actually more like poems and can’t be fully digested line by line. That’s why we have lyrics sheets in the first place