RoonShareImage-637988420015091058

5 Likes

Cool. I didn’t know them.

1 Like

One of my all time favorites

7 Likes

It is on Qobuz. Good call!

2 Likes

From Frankfurt/Germany. Controversial. Gangsta…

2 Likes

Qobuz only has the black and white albums. I like the beats on the weisse album. My German is woeful though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sampa The Great
As Above, So Below (2022)

Zambian/Australian - I do love her biting vocal style and blend of musical styles. Perhaps this album is not as consistent to rank it highly. However, it certainly has its strong moments.

Sampa

2 Likes

3 Likes

Q-Tip called him “your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper”

3 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

They sure did, and to true heads, nothing they have released has come close.

1 Like

YES,YES and Yes

1 Like

New Nas album. This guy is the lyrical GOAT to me :smile:

Nice track

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for this to show up in Roon from Tidal.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638038676316508500

4 Likes

Yeah this guy is different.

I saw him at a Blues Festival a few years ago.

I was surprised to see him on the lineup and i didn’t think his music would really fit in there.

Well he had huge live band on stage and he had jazzified and funktified all his biggest hits and it was 1 hour of non stop amazingness. He had definitely done his homework and this was clearly not his first rodeo at a blues festival.

The oldies in the crowd couldn’t get enough. It was so amazing its just a blur, I was in shock. I wish there was a recording of it :smile:

2 Likes

I noticed that there’s not a lot of love for hip-hop on the standard listening thread so thought I’d post here. I listened to a fair amount of hip-hop back in the day, but it’s been off my radar for a while. Pleased to say that I’m really enjoying it at the moment and, very importantly, I can now talk “what have you been listening to?” with my 15 year old son! We’ve both been listening to this.

6 Likes

Ah the power of music . It’s a beautiful thing.

5 Likes

4 Likes

WOW. What a soulful jazzy production. Turn it up loud.

5 Likes