Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

Buttery smooth. ‘That’s why I love’ a Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis production.

RoonShareImage-636877615413017550

2 Likes

Back to basics! Keep it simple!

1 Like

Jonah Nilsson. Divine voice! Member of Dirty Loops (super-funky-RnB-Jazz band). I’ve been waiting for him to release own material since Dirty Loops quit. It’s happening. Great listen!

Check this video out. Dirty Loops!

1 Like

Great singer. Signed to Quincy Jones’ management company I read.

1 Like

Soulful House Music, live.

RoonShareImage-636879239709174560

@jaguone oh snap… I was just listening to this Rasmus Faber live album and when one of my all time favourite tracks ‘Never Felt So Fly’ came on, I just now realised who was on the vocals…

When you mentioned Melo the other day, I knew this name from somewhere but couldn’t work out where… and just a few days later I randomly bump into him on one of my all time favourites :grin:

Track 8 on the Anniversary Edition is my favourite (the classic Soulful House version).

RoonShareImage-636879248948157170

1 Like

Track 3 (Original Mix) is classic too, with the long bongos intro. And Track 6 (Original 2002 Mix) with the flute and bongos intro.

This track brings back great memories.

1 Like

This a great track (no 8)! Haven’t heard before this so thank you! And you know about Melo.
For info, Melo (Nils Tull) has a son together with Veronica Maggio (one of the biggest artists in Sweden).
Melo is the son of Karin Glenmark, who together with her brother, Anders, had a band called Gemini. Björn & Benny (yes, THE Björn and Benny) wrote and produced the siblings albums. This is an unreleased ABBA track that B&B gave to Gemini.

1 Like

LOL. I chuckled a little. Whenever I mentioned ‘The Hit Factory’ that is Sweden previously, I deliberately avoided mentioning ABBA. Because that’s too obvious - the world knows about their global mega hits.

But there’s only so much I can avoid it - everything is somehow connected to ABBA :grin:

You know that ABBA will release new material some time this year? Well, you Aussies are or used to be crazy about the super trouper group :grinning:
John Lundvik, who I mentioned earlier, won the Swedish Eurovision on Saturday. There were 8 international juries (incl. Australia) who all gave maximum points. Never happened before. And the instagram singer came second…

Now some ABBA disco.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure ABBA was dominating charts across the entire planet at some point. Australia included, of course! It was well before my time though.

There are still cover bands playing all hits around Australia - mostly for the oldies.

All 4 original members?

I know they were offered a ridiculous amount of money some 10+ years ago, to tour.

1 Like

Yes. All four. Before they die of age :wink:

1 Like

They should have taken up that (rumoured) billion dollar offer some 10+ years ago !

#regrets

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636879359134468490

1 Like

One of my fav bands. I’ve been waiting forever for them to tour here :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

RoonShareImage-636879360842036990

1 Like

Some Funkisch :grinning:

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636879458642150820

Gorgeous

RoonShareImage-636879461410155290

1 Like