Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

There I am, moaning about Tidal not having “Drop My Heart Off At The Door” by Barbara Hall, “This Hurt Is Real” by OV Wright or “Children Of The Night” by the Stylistics & many others when, lo & behold, I come upon this beauty. I’d like to believe they were raising their game, but it’s probably just happenstance:

This guy lived in the fast lane by all accounts, and, his passion here is undeniable:

Just about my favourite blue eyed soul side:

1 Like

I’ve a lot of time for the many contemporary artists that sound not unlike like this guy:

However, these are the guys I’d take to my Desert Island:

5 Likes

Uncle Keith is back with a great new track. Still doing what he does best - still beggin :joy:

Featuring one of my all time favourite voices - Mr. K-Ci Hailey, still sounding as phenomenal as ever.

RoonShareImage-636520484396790210

1 Like

Here is another artist back in form
https://i.imgur.com/yBOArE1.png

1 Like

Three chaps with a serious love jones:

Playing away from home is all well and good. Less so when the terrifying Betty Wright is waiting for you at home:

2 Likes

D1962AF5-CDFC-417B-B2F3-AB589D1CE711

Don’t feel like going to bed.

3 Likes

Don’t say you weren’t warned:

1 Like

Goodness, the way Womack sings “Bobby be strong!”:

The greatest overlooked Smokey track:

The greatest Smokey track:

1 Like

Oh yes. Eargasms

RoonShareImage-636526784342336280

2 Likes

Have a listen to soul (jazz) singer Jamison Ross, you guys. I think you won’t be disappointed…

4 Likes

Listening to this marvel, you can almost smell and feel the oppressive atmosphere of the New York subway in 1979. Patrick Adams & Peter Brown, put it together. The louder the better I find:

Always and forever my favourite JB track. Not a single superfluous note:

1 Like

Some soulful fusion for this sunny Sunday afternoon. Love this track.

RoonShareImage-636527603395741430

4 Likes

Souvenir souvenir …

B489E40E-47A9-46C0-8C51-F1D0D2C6881C

6 Likes

6 Likes

Playing tracks like this - dreaming of Brazil - helps one endure a bleak northern midwinter. Pretty much all the good stuff from Brazil I find soulful. The re-mastered Marcos Valle box-set sounds so good:

2 Likes

Just listening to my favourite album by Keziah Jones, Blufunk Is A Fact!

4 Likes

This is from the often sampled album made by Dale Warren for Stax in 1973:

2 Likes

24K Magic just won the Grammys for Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical, Best R&B Album and Album of the Year.

Very well deserved. One of my fav album cuts:

RoonShareImage-636529924110260520

Frank Wilson really pushed the boundaries in this fine track from 1970. Dennis Coffey is thought to be behind the blistering guitar coda:

3 Likes

Whenever JT teams up with Pharrell Williams on production, magic always seems to result. Love this album cut.

RoonShareImage-636531962266420440

I don’t expect this other Pharell produced album cut will remain an album cut for long… :sunglasses:

RoonShareImage-636531966778192810