NUC11 is a roon target terminal, right?

Roon Core Machine

NUC11

Since QNAP doesn’t work well, I decided to install rock on NUC11TNHi3, which has become a recommended terminal.
However, I followed the steps in the help and it didn’t work.
What doesn’t work is that when I install rock, my NUC11 says “No bootable device detected”.
Of course, the USB already has an image of the lock.

My guess is that there is a problem with your BIOS settings, possibly related to legacy boot.
Meanwhile, roon added NUC11 to their recommended devices.

So I would like some advice on the BIOS settings for the NUC11.

1. You need to make sure you downloaded the correct file. The file name should be roonbox-linuxx64-nuc4-usb-factoryreset.img.gz. If the file name is nuc3 instead of nuc4, you have an older version which does not support NUC11.

2. Once you make sure of that, confirm that the file size is also correct to ensure you have a valid download. The size should be 321,377,917 bytes.

3. Make a bootable USB using Ether or Rufus. I prefer Etcher for being simple.

4. BIOS Setting: Enable UEFI, but disable Secure Booting. Save the settings by pressing F10.

5. Reboot while having your USB flash drive plugged in and press F10 to select boot device manually.

6. You should see at least 3 bootable device: 1. Your SSD/HD, 2. Your USB (the non EUFI part) and 3. Your USB (the UEFI part).
    Select the USB UEFI part to boot.

7. Follow the instructions. It should take just a few minutes

8. Good Luck

Was self resolved. It turned out that the image creation failed due to Windows 11 ironclad defenses. Therefore, the NUC11 can be fitted with a lock.

Good for you

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.