NUC7i7BNH Stuck ! [resolved: bad hardware]

Looks the same as mine but I used a single Kingston 8gb same specs. Identical ssd tho.

Maybe i should order single card to ensure i have one slot spare + easy to handle + extendable for future.

I found this -> HyperX FURY Black 8 GB 2133 MHz CL14 DIMM DDR4 Internal Memory (HX421C14FB2/8)

About to order from Local Amazon. Any inputs ? I found this recommended from Intel.

I’m using cl15, not sure the difference tho. I just recalle that when I had incorrect memory ina pc years ago it wouldn’t boot so no display so I think this is more likely the issue than a bad NUC- but you must be really unlucky if it’s 2 memory modules failed.

Ha ha ha … the positive in all this is I spent couple of days in moving my DB from NAS to Ext-HDD. I like it so much … Roon (on my MacAir) I use it to stream my music through USB and i simply plugged Ext-HDD to MacAir. I disabled NAS on Roon and pointed to Toshiba HDD. The scan was very quick and suddenly, there is different, faster, nimble experience on Roon. Quick play than search for some folder in NAS (it was not bad but … few fraction of seconds delay).

I m just imagining if only had NUC booted up and ROCK Installed :slight_smile: … Thanks for help folks!
I will not give up on this one.

EDIT - Order placed for 1x8GB RAM.

@support can you guys move this thread under ROCK? In desperation i simply clicked what came first to my hand muscle …

I likewise had a memory module problem when I first built my Nuc, as indicated by the blue light blinking in a three-blink pattern. Amazon sent me new memory sticks, and said I needn’t send back the defective one. Persevere; it will be worth it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this info

This product arrived and obviously it wont fit. We will need CL15 for NUC :frowning: . ROCK will have to wait for some more looong time :smile:

I could not find this one below. Amazon gracefully gave refund to this product. But told me its one time deal. I Opened this and it is for Laptop!. Not for NUC. So i have ordered new set of Crucial RAMs. Lets see how that goes.

Hmmmmm hate to say I said should be CL15…oh well hope you get it all sorted without any more issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.