NUC8i7BEH with dual ethernet (Tidal not working) [RESOLVED]

Hello,

I’m using NUC8i7BEH with dual ethernet and Roon lost the internet connection for Tidal and Roon account. The other features works fine.

I’m using NUC onboard ethernet connected to my router, and using a Startech USB-C / Fiber adapter connected to a Roon Bridge NanoPi.

It plays music fine and without any drops. The problem is when I try to use Tidal. And even the access to Roon account inside Preferences doesn’t work…

Ethernet1 using DHCP to the router

Ethernet2 using static IP 10.10.1.100 connected directly to NanoPi 10.10.1.101 and isolated from router

The problem: Can’t access Tidal

Testing the internet …can’t even access my account inside Roon…

NUC 8s aren’t supported yet, as far as I know.

I’ll leave it to Roon to comment if the NUC8I7BEH will be officially supported.

unknown, but it is not supported at the moment. (Danny Roon COO)

I’ve copied the diagram for Bridging Network from a previous post … don’t know why but there’s a mistake that I just fixed and now it’s working. The ethernet2 must have a DNS Server set.

Entered my DNS 192.168.1.1 and bingo.

1 Like

Hello @fscheiner,

Glad to hear that manually setting the DNS Server has resolved the issue with TIDAL and internet access, this finding will be useful for other Roon users who experience similar issues in the future with multiple adapters. Thanks for letting us know!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.