Nucleus and Emotiva USB Lose Communication

New Roon user here and so far impressed. Worked through a few bugs, but stuck on this one:

Running an Emotiva XMC-2 processor connected to a newer Nucleus via USB for dedicated two channel listening. Controlling everything on an iPad Pro and use internal SSD storage for music files. Want to continue using the USB connection to my processor, but having a problem keeping the two working well after powering down my XMC-2. Between listening sessions I’m forced to plug and unplug the USB connection in order to keep things working. The Nucleus still recognizes my processor if I do nothing, but when I select an album to listen to, my controller simply cycles through the songs quickly with no audio. I’ll then play with the USB and everything will be fine until the next time. I also have the option of HDMI, which doesn’t have the same issue, but am thinking the HDMI would not be the best option for critical listening. Right or wrong, I’m thinking both methods of connection should work reliably between two very new pieces of audio gear. Any thoughts from those in the know would be humbly appreciated!

Hello @Terry_Davis,

Are you using the XMC-2 in UAC1 or UAC2 mode? I would try swapping the UAC mode to see if this resolves the issue.

We do not have this device in-house, so it will be difficult for us to say with certainty what is occurring here. I have not seen other USB DACs behaving this way with Nucleus.

-John

John,

I believe it is in UAC1 mode. I’ll make the change. Thanks for the suggestion.

John,

Made the swap to UAC2 mode on the Emotiva. No improvement. Any other ideas? I’d hate to have to use the HDMI just to get a usable signal. Thanks.

Terry

Hello @Terry_Davis,

We’re going to reach out to Emotiva to see if there’s an opportunity to get this resolved. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on what’s going on.

-John