Nucleus+ and NAS connection dropping

Hi
Just got the Nucleus+, which is amazing!
But, one small problem i’m having is that about once per day it looses contact With my Synology 216Play NAS where i store my Music. Only way to get it back on is to reboot Nucleus+, then all is well again.
Any tips?

Best Regards

Hi @Aleksander_Tengesdal ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, the insight is greatly appreciated! Sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating and all the tools involved with making those connection possible.

• Please provide a screenshot of your “storage” tab so we can see how you are mounting the 216 in Roon.

-Eric

Here is a screenshot of the about:

Network:
Router is Apple Airport Extreme, newest model, wired to the NAS and Nucleus, then a wireless connection between the Nucleus and my Auralic Aries Mini which function as my RAAT.

thank you for the follow up @Aleksander_Tengesdal and taking the time to provide the requested feedback. Both are appreciated!

Continuing forward, I have enabled diagnostics on your accounts so our techs can try to determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core device a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers.”

Once the mentioned reports have been received I will be sure to update this thread so you know that we have it and then I will swiftly pass them over to the team for further analysis.

-Eric

UPDATE: Well that’s definitely some kind of speed record lol The report literally just came in after making the request. As mentioned above I will be passing the diagnostics over to our tech team for further analysis. As soon as your ticket has been updated and passed back I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts/findings with you ASAP. Your patience during this process is appreciated!

Hi @Aleksander_Tengesdal ---- Thank you again for the continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience here.

I checked on the status of your ticket this morning and can see it is still with our tech team who have asked if you could please provide the following information:

• Just to confirm the only way to bring Roon out of this state is to reboot the Nucleus, rebooting the NAS does not fix the issue, correct?

• The NAS isn’t hibernating or have a power saving feature enabled, correct?

• If you try to mount the NAS using the IP addressed assigned to it as opposed to the hostname is the experience any different?

-Eric