Nucleus and Roon not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet connect

Audio Devices
USB connected 851N Cambridge Audio

Description Of Issue
Nucleus has got internet connection (cable) and 851N via wifi. Both connected via USB and Nucleus has an internal SSD. Qobuz. This worked before and now there seems to be a problem with the storage location, can’t find the connected audio device (851N) and does not show any music collection. I hope the Nucleus is not gone to heaven… any ideas?!

Sorry to sound like a broken record - but have you tried rebooting the Nucleus? And if you’ve rebooted it by using the Web administration page, are you sure that it has rebooted? The web page may say it has, but the only way to be sure is if your Roon remotes lose the connection, and the Roon OS timer on the Web admin page gets reset to zero…

Did that…but then again, will try it again…reset all what is possible or am I risking the SSD/music files are lost?

No, I don’t think you’ll lose anything - we’re trying to get them back :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll wait with formatting the internal music storage till last. The rest is rebooting after the restart/boot/install

Er - why do you want to reformat the internal storage? You will definitely lose all your music files if you do that… I said to try rebooting the Nucleus…

It seems to come alive again. It’s weird that the Nucleus needs such a big revision to get it back on track again…

There was an update recently to Build 610. In a very small percentage of cases, the update seems to need a reboot after the update…

SOLVED! Thanks for your ultimately fast response!

Hi @Arno_Pfennings,

Can you please use these instructions to send e a copy of your Roon logs? When you don’t see any audio devices appearing, that could indicate deeper issues, please send Roon logs so I can check them for errors.

Hi, got the ZIP file ready but no means to upload (don’t want to use dropbox etc) Any other way I can send it?

Hi @Arno_Pfennings - I’ve followed up via private message.

No new errors in logs, marking this one as [Solved]

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.