I am thinking of replacing my Naim Uniti Core with a Roon Nucleus and have some questions:
- Apart from CD ripping, is there anything my Core does that the Nucleus can’t do?
- Will the sound quality (subjective, I know) be as good? The Core sounds great to me.
- Is streaming from Tidal as simple as choosing the Nucleus as the output from the Tidal application?
- Is it worth going with the Nucleus +? I see the Plus supports all DSP functions, but I don’t know what that means in practical terms.
- Other than ease of setup, is there any advantage to the Nucleus vs building my own NUC-based Roon core?
My system is Core —> Naim DAC —> Musical Fidelity M5 —> B&W 804s.