Nucleus can't find my oppo bdp-203 [Resolved - Bad network cable]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ver 1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
DLink 8 port gigabit ethernet switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• Cambridge Audio CNXv2 Ethernet
  • Oppo BDP-203 Ethernet
  • Apple TV 4K Ethernet
  • Asus ROG G20AJ WiFi

Description Of Issue
I just purchased a Nucleus my dealer HiFi Centre here in Vancouver, BC Canada. I have found the setup a pleasure and the process very intuitive. I have my content (13556 tracks) loaded from a WD Elements HDD USB drive and my Tidal Premium acct registered, and most of my end points were automatically recognized.

I say most because Nucleus refuses to see my Oppo player. I have closely followed all official and unofficial guidance with no result. I rebooted the Nucleus twice and again, nothing. The user guide is helpful when dealing with devices that are automatically found but here is no troubleshooting help it seems when they do not. This is basic, what am I missing? Any promising instruction I did come across indicated a simple gears icon in the top right of the settings/audio page that does not exist in my UI. HELP!

Otherwise I am just loving the whole experience. Even at $2,100.00 CDN before 12% tax!

Many thanks,
Pete

[email removed by moderator]

Hi Pete,

I removed your email address. It’s not required by support, they know it already. We don’t want you to get spam.

I assume you mean the UDP-203? Are you using the latest firmware for the Oppo, or at least the Sept.13, 2017 firmware, Main Version UDP20X-50-0913?

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg,
Thanks for removing my email Wasn’t thinking! My BDP-203 is firmware: UDP20X-65-0131. I have auto update on and it indicates that this is the most recent version. Should also say that the Oppo does see Nucleus, showing it as one of it’s network connections.
Thanks very much for your reaching out. pls let me me know what you think next steps should be.
-Pete

Can you post a screenshot of your Settings > Audio screen?

Info on posting screenshots can be found here.

Hi Greg,
They are of course in reverse order. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thx
Pete

Hi @Pete_Fraser,

Thanks for those screenshots! What kind of router are you using, can you please list the model/manufacturer?

Are you able to see the IP Address listing in your router? Is the Oppo getting a valid IP address? You could also try to bypass the switch and connect the Oppo directly to the router as a test.

Hi Noris,
It’s a D-Link DGS-108. A very simple switch. I have taken a closer look at the switch condition and it’s telling me there are some issues. Therefore I need to do some troubleshooting before I take any more of your time. My system does not allow easy access so I’ll need to tackle it on the weekend and get back to you next week. It may, in the end be a simple connection issue as you implied.
Thanks for the help thus far, I’ll report any results next week.
Cheers,
Pete

1 Like

Hey @Pete_Fraser,

Sounds like a plan!
Do let me know how your testing goes.

Apologies for the slow reply. I had a life event intervene. My problem was in fact network switch related. Bad cable. Aaaargh!!I Just resolved today so I’ll be checking it out now, but it is showing up as an endpoint so looks like I’m in business. Thanks for all the help.
Cheers, -Pete

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.