Nucleus can't locate Mac Book Pro music folders

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus 10.0.0.3 ver 1.0 build 183 stable is running Roon Core.
USB drive has High Res Music Folder full of FLACs which show up as storage.
MacBook Pro mac OS Catalina ver 10.15 is running as remote. Its hard disk has music files in folders.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Nucleus direct physical LAN cable to Apple wifi router on Rudy Home Network
MacBook Pro is wifi connected to Rudy Home Network.
Same network. MacBook wifi 10.0.0.74

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chord MojoPoly through Poly’s wifi connection to Rudy Home Network.

Description Of Issue
I just bought Nucleus.
How do I set storage folders and get the Roon Core to see them if they reside on my MacBook Pro?
How do I point to them? + Network Share? or +Add folder?

All I see is Nucleus and no way to see MacBook Pro folders. I have read tons of Roon articles on syntax for smb:// etc. and all I get is Invalid Patch name or Unexpected error.

I have set all music folder as shared. Under System Preferences, Sharing I see: Computers on your local network can access your computer at:
Rudys-MacBook-Pro.local
My music folder is at:
/Users/rjdepaoli/Music

Please help.

1 Like

Hi Rudy,

Check out this kB article and see if it helps.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi Greg !
I had read that article 3 times and tried to implement it. I missed the add Windows sharing part, and the need to enter a password and name. This time, I read it very carefully for the 4th time and executed it step by step. It worked !!
Thank you immensely !

3 Likes

Hi Greg,
I have Audible audio books on my MacBook Pro Mac OS X and also on my iPhone. I have downloaded 2 audiobook files from my browser based Audible player. They are on my MAC HD in a folder. They are .aax files
Can I get them into Roon? Does Roon support Audible .aax file formats?
Thanks
Rudy

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_What_audio_file_formats_does_Roon_support%3F

Looks like you are of luck unless you can google a conversion app to one of the supported formats

1 Like

Thanks got it ! I’ll search around!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.