Nucleus + configuration for McIntosh D150

I just added a Nucleus + connected to my McIntosh D150- it seems to function, but I’d like to make sure I’m getting the most out of Roon, so I inquired w/ McIntosh. They responded that the D150 is not Roon tested, and I should consider a different DAC. I asked if there was something that the D1100 could do (Roon tested) that the D150 can’t, but no answer other than D1100 is Roon compatible and D150 is not.

So, anyone else use nucleus + w/ D150?

What are recommended settings in Roon?

Is Roon tested more than a certification?

Hi Jake,

Here is the definition of Roon Tested (from our partners page:

Roon Tested devices from our partners have been profiled and tested by both Roon Labs and the device manufacturer for maximum compatibility.

Roon will recognize these devices and send them audio optimized for their capabilities.

This means that for the D1100 we have tested the specific capabilities and once this device is identified in Roon Settings -> Audio, the fields regarding sample rate/MQA Capabilites/Volume Control type will automatically be populated with the supported capabilities. You can use a similar configuration in Roon that is mentioned in the D150 Tips Doc or D150 Manual.

– Noris

1 Like

Plug your DAC in and enjoy. Roon tested really doesn’t add any special abilities just confirms it works with Roon and Roon knows the DACs PCM/DSD/MQA abilities. Your DAC will work just fine like the 100s of other untested DACs.

As for McIntosh’s response… what a load of crap as usual. And I run a McIntosh pre and mono blocks.

2 Likes