Nucleus+ core machine is not recognized

I think, if you wish to use WiFi connected devices such as phone or tablet as Roon remotes, you will need to get your Nucleus onto the same network, ie 192.168.4.xxx. An UltraRendu would need to be on the same subnet too.

You mention splitters, which I take to mean ethernet switches. Is it possible to re-patch things so that the switch feeding the Nucleus (and anything else that needs to be on the subnet) is connected to the main eero? That should ensure everything is using the eero dhcp server.

AndyR,
I canā€™t thank you enough for allowing me to discover that the Nucleus is okay. That said, Iā€™m still sifting through the network issues.

The splitters that I refer to are the incoming coax (cable) type. One branch goes to my back room to a cable modem that then feeds an 8-port switch that then feeds all the ethernet drops. The ethernet in the initial eero room should be the same as that carried to the remote cable modem, so Iā€™m in a quandry. I follow what you are saying, however, about all the devices needing to be on the same subnet.

Interestingly today, when I hook up the Nucleus and run the software off the ethernet based laptop, it recognizes the Nucleus for a short time and then loses connection. I will try to work this out with my network guy to help me out.

I think the connection needs to go cable modem > eero > switch rather than cable modem > switch > eero, so the eero is the dhcp server (and NAT?) for everything. But yes - see what your network guy saysā€¦

1 Like

AndyR
That makes perfectly good sense. Thanks so much for all your help. Hope we can talk again after it all works. Much appreciatedā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d ask your network person why they set it up like that I initially. You donā€™t want to break something else to get roon to work.

I think itā€™s quite common in the US if internet is tied to ā€˜cableā€™. Never come across it in the UK where you just get an isp supplied router. Not an expert by any meansā€¦

2 Likes

Ged,
Good point. I will pursue, but not fiddle with on my own. I must be patient, ha haā€¦

1 Like

Hi @Patster11,

I appreciate your patience until your thread reached the support queue. It sounds like you have made some progress in getting the Nucleus up-and-running, but this does seem like a networking issue, so you should take a look at that (our Networking Best Practices Guide might also be of help).

The biggest suggestion I can provide to you is to make sure that the network is structured where the Coax Modem is connecting directly to the Router and then have everything else connected off of the router (and not the modem).

Once your Eero is managing the DHCP addresses and everything is in the same 192.168.4.XYZ subnet, then the Core + Remotes should be accessible and operating properly.

If you want further suggestions on how to hook up your network setup, a diagram drawn on paper + pen might be best to illustrate how you currently have the network setup and what changes you should make.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks so much for all your support. I will be re-configuring with my network guy this Saturday. I hope to report good news. Thanks again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.