Nucleus dead after 1148 update

As the title says, this afternoon I opened a remote and began to play a track (by Seal, if that helps). The first 5 seconds of the song played and then cut off. I realize my nucleus recently updated, I believe, to build 1148. Now the Nucleus is not being recognized on my network, including internal SSD which holds my library. Power cycling does nothing to help.

Extremely concerned.

Hi @Nicholas_Harsin,

I’m sorry to hear about your troubles.

Have they by chance resolved on their own? I am seeing your Nucleus as online and reporting back to our account and diagnostic servers.

If it’s still not working, please complete the template below so that I have a complete picture in order to form a hypothesis.

Thanks,
Wes

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

As a matter of fact the issue did resolve itself! I’d like to understand further what actually happened, but all is now well. Thank you for following up:)

1 Like

Sometimes after an update, the Nucleus has to go through audio analysis again. In a library like mine (10k tracks) it only takes a few minutes. In some cases, it can take hours. The processor and memory get hammered when this happens. It’s a possible explanation for your issue.

I’m glad you’re up and running though! Let us know if you have any further issues. I will close this out for now.

Regards,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.