Nucleus+ dead with no signs of life

Roon Server Machine

Nucleus+ purchased in July 2019. Latest version of Roon.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Pakedge Router and Ubiquity WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Control4; BlueNode, and RPi endpoints.

Number of Tracks in Library

Small library of <10K tracks

Description of Issue

Nucleus+ was working perfectly since 2019. I was playing music via ARC. Changed tracks. ARC reported “last connection to Roon 1 minute”. Music stopped. I am away from my Nucleus+ server but my son has physically tried to reboot by turning the power off and on. No networking lights and no signs of life from the Nucleus+. Next steps?

You might try and plug it into a monitor and see what it is displaying.

Hi @MvB,

We’re very sorry to hear about the current status of the Nucleus.

Echoing @Rugby, do you have an external monitor to which you can connect the HDMI output? This will show a diagnostic screen that will confirm whether or not the unit will require repair.

We’ll follow up from there.

This is a Nucleus+ (Rev A).

With an external monitor hooked up to the HDMI port and power applied there was NO OUTPUT on the monitor. The monitor reported “no signal”. I confirmed that the monitor had the right input selected.

I have confirmed that the external power supply is supplying power.

Next steps?

@MvB, Roon Support should be reaching out to you regarding next steps, which may involve a possible RMA based on the monitor not showing a response from the Nucleus.

@connor I connected a monitor and there was nothing…any thoughts on what to do next?

Hey @MvB,

Ben stepping in for Connor here - thanks for providing the additional information. We’ll likely need to get an RMA set up for you to send the Nucleus+ in for repair.

To get this process started, I will follow up via PM with some next steps. Please keep an eye out for a message from me directly!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.