Nucleus failing to access a hard drive file on a windows pc

It is a very difficult process to share a folder in a win pc after a migration from the pc to nucleus

I saw the detailed guidance in manual. It is a daunting undertaking. What am I missing. Right now the nucleus fails to discover any files from the windows pc and I can’t get a file to be accepted when copied.

Guidance offered is not very good.

What you are trying to do will work, but another suggestion would be to purchase an inexpensive USB external hard drive, copy your music from the Windows machine and attach it to your Nucleus. From there, it’s much easier to edit your Storage settings in Roon.

Also, the way you’re trying to set up your system requires you to always have your Windows computer running whenever you play Roon. This will work if your using the Windows machine as your Remote. However, in the future you might want to use a tablet or phone to control Roon. If you did, then you would still need the Windows machine to be running. Anyway, which ever method you choose, it should work.

If you want to point to music on the Windows computer:

If you want to have Roon look for your music that’s on your Windows computer, the music folder needs to be shared first of all. Sharing your music allows other computers (your Nucleus) on your network to see it.

Noris posted an article on how to share your your music folder:

Once you shared your music on the Windows computer, you can then edit Roon Storage and point to the share.

Rugby also posted more sharing info in an earlier post.

Check this info out and let us know if you have other questions.

1 Like

Because you didn’t say , sorry I tried to help, hope you get things sorted

Win 10 desktop and Nucleus on home network

Able to get the file location listed on choose music storage folder page but it now says

“Error loading folder unauthorized”

I opened up all the permissions I could find so access doesn’t seem a problem

Why can’t I get access??? Can I speak to someone at Roon @support? I will pay a fee.

Post some screenshots of what you have entered in the roon screens.
[Moderated]

I already did, lots of can’t do but no facts when asked for them :see_no_evil:

1 Like

How do I fix this error. Pls see screenshot I sent

By putting in the correct id/password.

1 Like

Hello @richard_a ,

That error message indicates that the username or password is incorrect for the share, you will want to use the same credentials you have set up for the shared folder. We have a guide that provide steps here:

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.