Nucleus hangs - music replaced by continuous tone - non responsive

Today at 17:46 CET my Nucleus stopped playing music and only generates a continuous tone.
It is non responsive to the control app.No connection.

Had to force it down by holding the on-off button.

After restart it works again and the apps showed the “update available” banner.

So I clicked “update all”

The Nucleus seemed to reboot

And came up again and plays music again.

On the Mac the app is 1.6 (475)
On the Nucleus the Core is 1.6 (416)

It says I have the latest versions.

This was the second time in a few weeks that such a crash happened in the middle of music playing.
Music stops, replaced by continuous tone. Non responsive. Only hard reset helps.

ROON Nucleus
Operating System Version 1.0 (build 183) stable
Roon Server Software Version 1.6 (build 416) stable
Roon Labs Software Version 1.0 (build 12) stable

Hi @Flere,

The next time this happens can you make a note of the time that it occurs? Can you also verify if you can connect to the Nucleus Web Administration Interface during this time?

Hi @dylan

Yes, I will.

Btw I did notice the time of the last occurrence.
Nov 16 at 17:46 CET.

Best regards,
Flere

Thanks, @Flere — We’ve enabled diagnostics so the team can take a look at the time above. We’ll be sure to follow up with you once we have feedback from that. In the meantime, if this happens again, definitely let us know the time once more and whether or note the Web Admin Interface can be reached.

Hi @Flere,

I can confirm diagnostics have been received and I have taken a look through them, but it looks like there is not much information contained for the timestamp you reported, it looks like the log file progressed as expected and then just suddenly ended in the middle of playback.

I think it’s best if you note the next time that this happens and let us know that additional info and we can check for any patterns. Also, it would be good to know if the Web UI is still accessible when this issue occurs as that would provide a useful data point.

Ok. Thanks for checking.
It might take a while before it happens again.

1 Like