• MAC: 54:b2:03:93:77:7d
  • IP: 192.168.100.24 (last known IP)

Connected Audio Devices

Connected Audio Devices

Moon 680D v2

Number of Tracks in Library

Can’t remember. Does not have access.

Description of Issue

Went offline last week. Did not reboot. Does not show listed among network devices.

Manually rebooted Nucleus a few times, but nothing happens. You can hear sound from inside Nucleus+ that something is working but no connection.

Opened nucleus box.
Checked that all connectors are in place and make tight contact
Connected power cord.
Green light turns on.
Pressed power button.
White led light turns on.
HDD start spinning…
after a 62 seconds, you can hear how it stops
White led turns off.
After 2 seconds everything starts over again automatically

White led light turns on.
HDD start spinning…
after a 62 seconds, you can hear how it stops and white led turns off.
After 2 seconds every thing starts overvagain automatically

Hey @Raul_Macias,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please try to access the webUI of the nucleus? If you can’t access the webUI, could you please plug a monitor into the Nucleus via HDMI and boot it up?

Let me know what you see. :+1:

Today I’ve been trying to reconnect roon.

After aprox 10 times of pluggin/unplugging, restarting, etc. rooon nucleus showed on network and !I was able to play music!

After a few minutes it went offline again, and never again I was able to restart it.

Now a monitor connected via HDMI shows nothing at all.

I’m shure something is wrong with the drive.

Sounds more like the M.2 SSD has failed . I assume you have a spinning HDD inside if you can hear the HDD whirring ?

a monitor by HDMI showing nothing sorta confirms that

a new 2256 SSD M.2 is cheap and a quick replacement. Install ROCK then Roon can remotely refresh the Nucleus O

Hey @Raul_Macias,

This does indeed sound like hardware failure. With your Nucleus not able to get online, I’m not able to connect and access diagnostics on the device.

Per @Mike_O_Neill’s note, you can certainly replace your Nucleus SSD manually. I’d be happy to share the instructions for this in more detail. It is on the more technical side, and so we also offer the option to send in the Nucleus to Roon directly (or, if you purchased it from a dealer, you can also report back to them directly.)

Let me know your thoughts!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.