Nucleus Internal Storage Download

My Roon Nucleus has an internal hard drive that I added.

I was successful in downloading my MC200 Sooloos library to the Roon. It works great.

I also have a lot of music files on a separate External SSD that I want to transfer to the internal storage drive in the Nucleus but I cannot find how to do this on the support page.

I was successful in getting the Nucleus to “see” the external drive and access it’s music but I do not need or want an external SSD drive on the system with the internal storage of the Roon Nucleus available.

The Support page had several references to dragging files onto the Nucleus but I do not see how to perform that task.

Regards

Earl

[Moderator edit: Personal details removed]

Hi Earl,

First question is where is your external hard drive located? Is Roon watching is over a share attached to a different computer or is it plugged into the Nucleus?

Cheers, Greg

Do you have a Desktop or laptop that is connected to the same network? If so attach the USB drive to that computer and make sure you can see the Rock storage configuration in the file display. If those conditions exist you should be able to drag and drop the files from the usb to the Nucleus storage location.

Thanks Greg

I plugged the drive into my laptop after restarting the laptop and the SSD and the Roon Drive became visible. I then was able to drag and drop the files.

Another Question :

Does a Nucleus have to be on a flat surface to work ?

I’d like to mount in on its side.

Regards

Earl

Hi Earl,

Check out the following thread and see if that helps.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like