Nucleus is no longer visable as a core

@noris

I was not able to connect to the WebUI nor did I get anything when I connected the Nucleus to a monitor. Tried both HDMI ports, but the monitor did not recognize any signal. Anything specific I need to do when connecting via HDMI to a monitor?

Roon app is still unable to connect to the core (first noticed at 10:47am PST this morning), but I can still see it on the network (using Fing app).

Hi @MaTo,

No, as long as the Nucleus is powered on, the HDMI screen should be displayed. This may be a silly question, but have you confirmed the Nucleus powered on? If you try to press the power button once does anything happen?

@noris

No question is silly, I appreciate you covering all bases. Yes, unit is powered on with the power button light illuminated. I just cycled it on/off, so definitely a difference in button illumination. (Although there have been instances in the past where pushing the power button did not turn the unit off). Tried HDMI again and still nothing.

@noris

The Nucleus came back and I grabbed a zip of the log files while I could.

Let me know if this worked.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @MaTo, I’m also now seeing your Nucleus communicating with our servers as well.

I took a look through the logs and I’m seeing quite a few errors, so l will go ahead and loop in our QA team on this case.

Once they have reviewed your case and provided their take, I will reach out once more, thanks!

Thanks @noris. I appreciate the help and look forward to a diagnosis!

1 Like

Hi @noris
Any general ETA on when QA might get back to me? The Nucleus has been ofline for 24hrs now, when typically it would come back at least once a day.

Thanks

Hi @MaTo,

Thanks for your patience here. QA reviewed your logs and looks like a process on the Nucleus, RAATServer might be crashing. We can try using a fresh instance of RAATServer to see if this will help.

I understand that the Nucleus is not accessible right now, so I would try to perform a power-off, unplug, wait 30 seconds, replug back in to see if that allows you to re-establish contact. If it does reconnect, please follow the instructions below.

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new RAATServer

Also, can you please let us know where you purchased this Nucleus from? Was this via our Amazon storefront or was it through a dealer? If it was through a Roon dealer - which company did you purchase from?

@noris

WIll give it a try if i can get the Nucleus back. I’ve worked through a couple of power of cycles to no avail this afternoon. If I can’t get it back, what’s plan B?

The unit was purchased direct from the Roon storefront via Amazon back in March. Happy to provide details if needed.

Hi @noris

The Nucleus was not accessible until Sunday afternoon, but I did manage to rename the RAAT Server folder as suggested around 2PM PST. Has been up and running since then.

Is there a way to determine if this was the ‘fix’ needed?
Anything that may have caused the original RAAT Server to crash with increasing frequency so I can avoid in the future?

Thanks

Hi @MaTo,

Glad to hear that the RAAT Server refresh has helped a bit!

We can take a look at diagnostics to see if the errors I was seeing before have gone away. I’m am not seeing your Nucleus communicate with our servers any longer though, is it still powered on? Are you able to manually send me a new set?

Once the tech team takes a look at the new logs, we should have a better idea if it helped.Thanks!

Hi @noris

Yes, the Nucleus has been powered on and working as expected since Sunday afternoon, not sure why it would not be communicating with your servers?

New log file taken this morning (Tuesday PST)

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @MaTo,

Thanks for sending that log over, I am definitly seeing an improvement in behavior and I’m seeing why the Nucleus is not able to communicate with our diagnostics servers, it appears that you are getting some Name Resolution Errors in the logs.

Can you please share another screenshot of your Web UI? I would like to see if anything has changed there. Also, how are your router’s DNS servers configured, are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

@noris
Screenshot from today

Re: DNS server. I think it’s Google DNS

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot @MaTo, that looks as expected to me.
Let me ask QA to take a look over the manual logs you sent just to see if everything is in order.

Hi @noris

Any feedback from QA on the second set of logs? The core is still up and running, but wondering if this issue is still present and will slowly degrade over time creating the drop outs I saw earlier?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @MaTo,

Thanks for your patience here! I spoke to QA regarding the logs and they mentioned that they look ok, no more issues from what we can see. There is still the issue with communicating with our diagnostics server, but QA has suggest a reboot may sort this out, can you please reboot via the WebUI when you have a chance?

@noris

Done. Let me know if that worked?

Thanks

1 Like

@MaTo - Yes, that worked :+1:, Nucleus Core is now showing up under our diagnostics server.
It sounds like we resolved all of the previous issues you had with the Nucleus, shall I go ahead and close this thread out?

Thanks @noris. Appreciate the help getting the Nucleus back on track. I think we can close this thread out. Thanks again.

1 Like