Nucleus loses connection when streaming high-resolution Qobuz content [Resolved with Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

@beka Hi. any news. It happens every day and it s very frustrating. I investet lots of money to get a simple reliable system. So please find a way to make me happy again with roon.

1 Like

It’s really weird, but I’ve not had a reset for days! I’ve been running in a new DAC so I’ve been leaving Roon playing for days and through the night… typical. All I can think is I reinstalled ROCK from a new USB stick and fresh download the other week, but even so a few days later it did reset. Mystery? It always used to happen late at night here in the UK, Roon did say it might be related to a metadata update?

And how this metadata update can be made, Tim?

It’s a Roon background task, it’s the software updating your library with new metadata for albums and tracks you have, so maybe composers, other artist credits and links and so on. Nothing we can do and apparently it can’t be switched off, although I hear that if you have edited the album say to add your own metadata then it won’t be updated.

I don’t know if you can download and install a new Nucleus ROCK, I think it is a closed system? There is a ‘Reinstall’ button on the OS but my USB update everything, OS and ROCK from scratch… as you have a Nucleus did you buy it from a dealer, maybe you can get it exchanged under warranty just in case the hardware has a problem?

Yes, i thought about it, to return the nucleus to my dealer. The waranty expired one month ago…
You think, the roon support team is not working on this?

They are I presume, but with no proper support ticket system (too many support requests probably) we just have to wait and keep our eyes in the other threads on the same issue… I’m watching mine Rock just stopped playing and restarted by itself? - #61 by wklie and yours along with this one My Nucleus keeps losing its connection - #56 by Tim_Woodward - there may be others?

Thank you Tim.

Nucleus+ user here and having the same problems since the last update. Roon team has my logs currently…

1 Like

Hey @augery58,

I’m so sorry this has been going on for this long - I wanted to apologize that you haven’t heard back yet.

I’ve connected with our technicians so they can get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone for jumping in in the meantime :pray:

Hi @augery58

Apologies for the delay here. I believe this is an issue with a resource leak that our team is working to resolve. I’ve enabled diagnostics so I can take a look and verify that’s what’s happening. I’ll follow up soon once I have an analysis of the diagnostics report.

1 Like

How is it going, Dylan? Now my Nucleus is crashing every 10-15 Minutes. Only with Qobuz Hires Files. I am getting upset. Is it possible to contact my dealer for a Nucleus replacement? Even if the Warranty just finished one Month ago? Nucleus ownership and room lifetime membership shows that i am a real supporter of you guys. I love Music, I love my System. but since almost 6 weeks i feel abandoned!
How can we solve this problem soon? Thank you for you’re engagement, Dylan. regards Gery

I feel for you, man. I went through the same thing with my Nucleus and that’s why I started this thread 3 weeks ago. For some reason my Nucleus started working normally on its own. Maybe your answer can be found in my thread.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I have had similar experiences with my Nucleus+ after the last update with repeated connection losses. It began working fine again 7 days ago and then started crashing again yesterday morning…

I experience similar unpredictable “loss connection” issues with my Nucleus. Bandwidth is not the issue. I am using Qobuz service. This problem appeared just after a Roon release and keeps on repeating itself. Looks like connection is lost with Roon. Looking closer I have realised that they is quite a lot of IP addresses & host involved Traffic remains pretty low (peak at 239kB/s). Looks like there is a problem on Roon side - they do not manage to keep contact with my nucleus at a sufficient pace. Scalability issue? Looks like we are many to complain!

1 Like

Hi @augery58

Sorry for the delay here. I just wanted to let you know that we confirmed this is the resource leak issue and we are currently testing a fix for this issue. I can’t provide any specific timelines just yet, but we’ll be in touch as soon as we have more information. Apologies again for the trouble.

1 Like

Hi; Chiming in with same problem: Nucleus loses connection and restarts every 10-15 minutes. Rarely get through a single album without interruption. Didn’t have problem before 1.8, and and joining Qobuz. There have been no hardware or network changes. As others note, happens most frequently with Qobuz HiRes, less often playing from internal storage. Occurs whether playing through attached DAC or playing to iPhone, iPad, or HomePod. Unplugging power and rebooting helps for a few hours.

1 Like

I’d noticed a slowdown overall in the last couple of weeks, particularly when trying to identify and album or work with high res files. Then today, things came to a total standstill. I attempted to reboot the Nucleus, and it powers back up but I can’t seem to connect to the core at all. Nor can I access the interface when I attempt to connect to the last known internal IP address. Totally stuck—any suggestions?

Hello @augery58 ,

We’ve just released a new version of Roon (Build 806) that contains improvements in this area, can you please try to update to the latest Roon version and let us know if the issue is resolved on your end? Thanks!

Hi Noris
Thank you for the good news!
I made the update and will let you know asap.
kinde regards

1 Like

Since your own thread was closed, please let me know whether build 806 resolves the problem for you.