Nucleus + Losing Connection

Hi Dylan,

I just wanted to check in to see if you found anything in the logs to explain the pauses. I am still experiencing 2-3 a day that last anywhere from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. Always between songs. I continue to listen primarily on the Yamaha connected over HDMI to the Nucleus+. I did see similar pauses on the weekend when listening on the B&W as well as the Sonos upstairs.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Dylan,

I haven’t heard back from you on the logs I uploaded back in late January. I recognize that you probably were swamped fixing issues with the new Roon release so I had decided to wait before following up again.

The problems persisted so in the meantime I decided to try rebuilding from scratch to see if I could isolate the issue. First, I deleted the two storage connections from the Roon console and ran the Library Cleanup to get rid of stale data in the database. I then reformatted the 8GB SSD drive in the Nucleus + and copied a few music files and connected this to Roon.

This worked really well and the new music was updated very quickly (ie seconds) where before it would take hours to update new music even if I ran the Force Rescan. I ran this for a couple of weeks with just a few hundred albums and saw no issues whatsoever. There were no pauses at all.

After a few weeks I started copying more music to the SSD drive. Initially I did this with a few hundred albums at a time and would wait several days to make sure there were no issues. After several weeks of this I started to move across larger blocks of music.

Everything looked fine until this past week when the pauses started again. Initially the pauses were only 10-20 seconds but on Saturday I experienced a couple that were more than 30 minutes.

I also saw a very strange behaviour yesterday whereby Roon started showing the wrong track. It would consistently show the next track in the queue as the current track even though the previous track was playing. This included lyrics and descriptions of the album playing. I tried accessing on my iPhone, iPad and laptop and got the same result. Only by transferring the stream to another device (ie from Sonos living Room to Sonos back deck) did the correct track show. But then after a period of time the same issue would occur. At that point I noticed that Roon did not change the image or description of the current track played when a new track would start but would continue to show the previous track info. Interestingly, the new track which was playing was not listed on the queue prior to the start of the issue. It would then continue to play one track out of synch for several hours.

I had not really changed anything after several weeks of stability so I am at a loss to explain this behaviour, I am concerned it may be a hardware issue with the Nucleus + as I doubt this type of issue would only be isolated to my setup if it was a software bug.

I have uploaded the logs to the attached dropbox link:

Can you review and let me know what you think. Also, let me know the process to get the Nucleus + fixed or replaced if it is a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Jack