Nucleus+ Lost Connection every few minutes after 1.7 update during Database rescan

Core
Nucleus+ 94C69112593C Core Machine (
Version 1.7 Build 500, Firmware 1.0 Build 183

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Cisco router, ethernet connection for streaming.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Nucleus+ connected to CHORD DAVE via a USB connection.

Description Of Issue
After the Version 1.7 update, there was a message to rescan database. Since the rescan started connection to Nucleus+ is lost every 4-5 minutes.

Adding tracks and albums restart after a reboot of the Nucleus+ I have a 4TB internal SSD in the Nucleus and 45,000 albums, so I realize it will take time to update the database but do not understand why the connection is lost every few minutes.

There are no networking issues.

Hi @Manny_Singh — Apologies for the trouble here!

Are you able to access the Nucleus Web Administration Interface when this happens? Can you share a screenshot of the page if so?

Hi @Manny_Singh,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks Dylan!

Hi Dylan
Now it doesn’t even connect.

Hi @Manny_Singh,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Dylan
I am not quite sure what to do!! You have sent me instructions to get you logs from the Nucleus but neither my MAC nor any of the ipads are connecting to the Nucleus+ to get you the logs. The System Status, allows a reboot but then does not connect to any device.

I would really like to use my Nucleus+ as all my music is on this server. I am not a Computer guy. Can I get back to a previous version that works. This is really a difficult spot to be in. Clearly, something in this new update has not been checked. With the Build 500 it was rebooting and connecting but the 505 does not even allow a connection. WHile some users might find this fun to explore the issues, I am irate that a new version with so many bugs is put out there.

Please let me know what I should do.
Thanks
Manny

Hi @Manny_Singh — Just to verify, you can’t connect to the Nucleus using Finder from the Mac by entering smb://NUCLEUS/Data?

Do you receive any error messages when you try to do so?

Same problem for many days. It was connecting and then rebooting every few minutes. Now it does not even connect to my imac or any ipad. I have a 4TB SSD drive in the Nucleus plus, I hope this rebooting has not fried that.

However on Connect it keeps trying to connect

Hi @Manny_Singh,

If you enter the IP address instead of NUCLEUSPLUS in the path does that allow you to connect from Finder?

Dylan, I have the situation where I can connect to the files on the Roon SSD drive and play any track, but the Roon APP on the iOS devices or the Mac does not connect to the Nucleus plus. Something very odd is going on. If the Nucleus had a problem I would not be able to access it. It seems the Roon Operating System has a problem, but that is my assessment and I am not a computer guy. Still waiting, please help!

Here are some observations from the steps taken. It seems as more tracks and albums are added the slower and problematic the database update gets. In my situation as it crossed 60,000 albums I could not access Roon app neither on my iMac nor on any iOS device.

1. Removed 4TB Drive and Reset the Database
  2. No issue connecting with App on iOS iPAD or the iMac
  3. Can connect to Tidal without a problem and stream - no issue

Then turned Nucleus Plus off and reinstalled 4TB drive

1. 4TB drive is connected in the the Nucleus Plus BUT disabled
  2. Connected the Nucleus Plus to my music system, directly to the CHORD DAVE
  3. No issue streaming or other Roon app functionality
  4. on iMac FINDER, I see the Nucleus Plus and see all my music on the 4TB drive, can access anything and play on the iMac

I have not ENABLED the SSD internal drive as yet because I think the problem is in the Server application with the Database update. If I do it will go through scanning 60,000 albums and then end up with nothing being accessible

Hope you can get this bug or whatever fixed soon!
Thanks

Hi @Manny_Singh,

So just to verify — Things are working okay when the 4TB drive is not enabled in Roon.

Can you try enabling this drive once more in Roon? If the disconnection occurs again, please make a note of the time it starts happening and respond here with that time. We can enable diagnostics and review what’s happening specifically at that time.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.