Nucleus+ Metadata Improver: Halted

My Nucleus+ is showing Roon Version 1.7 (build 528 stable)

I just bought a Nucleus+ and had a question that I am sure many probably know the answer to.

I set up the unit a week ago, my library (15,000 albums/192k tracks) is on a Synology NAS.

Since set up the small widget in the upper right corner has been spinning. When I click on it I get these messages:

Adding Music to Library: of 4323 tracks, 4323 added, 0 identified

Metadata Improver: Halted: Roon needs a software update

A software update is required before your music can be matched up with great cover art, lyrics, artist photos and more.

Roon seems to be working fine but these messages have been showing for days and the software is not asking for an update.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try restarting the nucleus from the GUI in a browser window.

I’ve moved this to the Nucleus support area

Hi @Wayne_Carter, I’ll tag a Roon’s @support team for you.

Hi @Wayne_Carter,

Do you have any streaming services set up? Is there any change in behavior if you try to log out of them via the Roon Settings -> Services tab and log back into them?

I would also try rebooting the Nucleus and all of your networking gear. Can you give those two troubleshooting steps a try and let me know if it helps?

Hi,
I first disconnected from Tidal and the situation continued.
I then shut down the Nucleus, rebooted my internet, restarted the Nucleus.
I got a message on my iPad that the database was updating.
When Roon rebooted the widget spun for a short while and has now stopped.
I restarted Tidal and everything appears to be fine.
Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

Hi @Wayne_Carter,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved since the additional reboot of the Nucleus!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.