Nucleus No sound from PSA USB DAC

Roon Core Machine

New Roon Nucleus + 1TB internal storage
Downloaded Roon App & TIDAL Apps.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

USB cable from the Nucleus to a PSA DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

On my iPad, Roon displays album playing, but no audio from the DAC, which is set to use the USB input. If I switch the device to iPad, I able to hear what’s playing, but when I switch back to the Nucleus, it displays that the track is playing but it’s silent.

Bill McDonald

I removed your telephone number for privacy and safety concerns Bill.

1 Like

Go to Roon - Settings - Audio and set up your DAC.

I setup the DAC, all is well. Except the quality of the Audio is not so great. I have a Cox Panoramic Wifi Router that has an extra port which I used to connect the Nucleus. I’ve read that streamers that want audiophile quality are using a UpTone EtherREGEN Ethernet Switch. Any comments on the merits of adding an audio quality switch?

Do some searches and knock yourself out. Subjectively, many will claim audible improvements. Objectively, none of those claims are substantiated by either double blind listening tests or the science and engineering of ethernet TCP.

Regardless of subjectivity/objectivity, you need to be using UTP cabling (Cat5e or Cat6). Cat6A, Cat7, Cat8 are STP and will cause ground loops between ethernet connected components…

1 Like

Bill, you can’t buy an ER new right now. However it would be interesting to know how you feel SQ is lacking. There may be other ways to address your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.