Nucleus+ not finding majority of SONOS Speakers

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+ Roon Version 1.7 (build 505).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon wired ethernet to telco provided router / modem (Netcomm perhaps). Note Australia based using Telstra NBN Cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audio - LINN Selekt DS - not in use at present, working on that separately.
Speakers - SONOS all via Wifi not tiered to Ethernet. Several Zones (4 at least).
Play 5 x2; Play 3 x2; Play1 x2 with Soundbar & Sub in Living Room Zone.

Description Of Issue
New user and trawled through the previous questions without much joy.

Just installed 2TB SDD on to the Nucleus+ and have linked TIDAL and my network NAS (Ethernet to router / switch).

Can see all my music and also able to copy to SDD.

However Roon cannot see any of my Sonos speakers when I check Audio under settings. This is despite one speaker being less than 2 feet from the router/modem and the hard-wired NUC+.

Thoughts on what I can do will be appreciated.

I would check your network for having the WiFi and lan segments in the same ip range. Guest WiFi networks won’t work either.

Maybe use an app like Fing on WiFi to see if it sees your core and other sonos devices and to determine the IP address

Hi @Stuart_Avery,

As wizardofoz suggested, it would definitely be good to make sure that these devices are all on the same IP range.

If you connect one of these Sonos devices via Ethernet instead of WiFi does it appear in Roon?

Good idea too

Late in evening here (1.38am) so just type this up. It can see one Play1 (living room - assume it cannot denote the composition of 2x P1 + Sub+ Playbar) and that is far from where Nucleus is.

I may need a little guidance on what to do to provide the data suggested. Night all. and thanks for prompt responses.

Will try to do this however limited in number of ports on existing router /switch (only 4) - will hunt down my other Switch as necessary.

Hi @Stuart_Avery,

Do you by any chance have these Sonos zones grouped in the Sonos app? If so I would try un-grouping them also.

no I’m not.

However, surprise surprise. Sonos had an update. It caused me to reset the entire system and start set up of Sonos again. This definitely explains why cannot see it in Roon Nucleus.

I can now start to see the Sonos zones. So A+ on Roon, D- on Sonos., and I’ll take a C+ on User level.

1 Like

Hi @Stuart_Avery,

Happy to hear you were able to narrow down the issue to a Sonos firmware update!

Absolutely , and a bloody PIA it was but all sorted now and EVERY zone and Sonos player is found. Now just got to sort out my art work on Roon to be ‘correct’ - shows all the non ‘purchased’ items I have procured over time!

Thanks a lot for the feedback and responses here. I will be learning a lot which I enjoy - especially when whisky is involved ot soften my enthusiasm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.