Nucleus not updating after upgrade attempt 1.8 to 2.0

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have updated from 1.8 to 2.0 on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. However, the Nucleus is saying still checking for an update and am not able to get beyond that point therefore it is locked up and I am not able to move forward.

What can I do from here to resolve this problem?

Have a read of the relevant section of this migration article. You may need to install the roon-production.bin file to the Reinstall directory on your Nucleus.

Geoff, Thank you very much for the reply. I should say I am not an IT guy nor do I pretend to play one on TV so bare with me as I ask questions please. The second screen shot is the directions I am following and the first is of what I am seeing while trying to get to the roon core. With what I am seeing in the first one, I am not able to do anything as far as accessing the directory of the nucleus. Any ideas of what I need to proceed ?

/Data directory will show up as a smb shared folder on your network. Use any network browser. Finder will work on your mac. Look under Network and you should see all the shared devices on your network. A device named “rock” or “nucleus” or whatever you named it will be listed there. Click on it and you’ll see the shared “Data” directory. Place the bin file in the “/Data/Reinstall” directory. Restart the Nucleus.

Your directions were very precise and detailed. I followed them and I am now upgraded to 2.0 . Thank you very much Robert.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.