Nucleus Plus DB Restore Time?

Hi,

I just recently purchased a Nucleus Plus and am trying to restore from my old Roon Core which was running on a MacBook. I have a backup on an external SSD which is now plugged in to the Nucleus.

When I initiate the restore process and select the RoonBackup folder it seems to start the process but it just stays on the Backup Manager screen with the animated Roon logo. I can’t really tell if anything is happening and it’s been sitting on this screen for over an hour. Is this normal? How long does a restore take?

My backup is about 4 gig and I probably have meta data for about 1,000 albums.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I did copy all my music files to an internal 2TB SSD which I installed and formatted before I did the restore. I made sure the option to scan for new music was disabled before I did this.

I tried to follow these directions as best as I could. https://kb.roonlabs.com/Nucleus_Migration_Guide

Any help would be appreciatd.

Thanks, Alan

As Restore procedes, you should see an indication of the % which has been restored.

It’s on the same screen as the animated Roon logo.

IMO, a Restore of 1,000 albums shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes or so.

Something is definitely not right then. I am restoring from my scheduled backup so maybe there is something wrong with it. Going to try a new full backup and then restore from that.

I have experienced a couple problems with Roon’s Backup/Restore processes.

@xxx,

A clean backup did the trick. The restore process kicked off and it took about 10 min. I noticed the folder structure was different with my scheduled backup from my original Core so maybe that had something to do with the restore process not getting kicked off properly.

I am now up and running like before!

1 Like

Hi @Alan_Yang,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to resolve this issue with another backup!
If you run into any other difficulties with Roon, please just let us know and we can take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.